Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement an Analysis Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Analysis Services development tools to create an Analysis Services database and an OLAP cube, and how to use the Analysis Services management and administrative tools to manage an Analysis Services solution.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe how SQL Server Analysis Services can be used to implement analytical solutions.
• Create multidimensional analysis solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Implement dimensions and cubes in an Analysis Services solution.
• Implement measures and measure groups in an Analysis Services solution.
• Query a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
• Customize an Analysis Services cube.
• Deploy and secure an Analysis Services database.
• Maintain a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
• Implement a Data Mining solution.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who design and maintain business intelligence solutions for their organization. These individuals work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job and may perform database administration and maintenance as part of their primary job responsibilities.
The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server Analysis Services to the organization.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Conceptual understanding of OLAP solutions.
• Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
• Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping).
• Experience creating service accounts and permissions.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
• SQL Server Agent.
• SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
• SQL Server System tables.
• SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
Profil du formateur
1- Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
• Overview of Data Analysis Solutions.
• Overview of SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Installing SQL Server Analysis Services.
2- Creating Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
• Developing Analysis Services Solutions.
• Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views.
• Creating a Cube.
3- Working with Cubes and Dimensions
• Configuring Dimensions.
• Defining Attribute Hierarchies.
• Sorting and Grouping Attributes.
4- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
• Working With Measures.
• Working with Measure Groups.
5- Querying Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
• MDX Fundamentals.
• Adding Calculations to a Cube.
6- Customizing Cube Functionality
• Implementing Key Performance Indicators.
• Implementing Actions.
• Implementing Perspectives.
• Implementing Translations.
7- Deploying and Securing an Analysis Services Database
• Deploying an Analysis Services Database.
• Securing an Analysis Services Database.
8- Maintaining a Multidimensional Solution
• Configuring Processing.
• Logging, Monitoring, and Optimizing an Analysis Services Solution.
• Backing Up and Restoring an Analysis Services Database.
9- Introduction to Data Mining
• Overview of Data Mining.
• Creating a Data Mining Solution.
• Validating Data Mining Models.